One year is coming to a close and another is about to begin. I made two lists to help me see where I have been and where I would like to go.
What I accomplished this year:
- Wrote a post for the Writers on the Move blog every month
- Attended three different day-long workshops and conferences
- Attended SCBWI meetings
- Participated in two online writing conferences
- Read books, magazines and blogs on writing
- Enrolled in two online writing classes
- Participated in NaNoWriMo
- Joined two online writing clubs
- Worked on picture book
- Learned about critiquing
Currently I’m reading a book written by a member of my local writer’s group before it’s published. She is in the revision process. This will finish out 2012.
What do I hope to accomplish next year?
I went to the Diy MFA website, http://diymfa.com/writing/write-it-goals-sheet, and downloaded goal sheets to assist me in this process. I tried to print my copy in color but it printed in black and white. It’s still serviceable but not as pretty!
A partial list of my writing goals: (I’m still working on this.J)
- Learn Scrivener (http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php)
- Participate in NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org/)
- Attend online conferences and in-person conferences
- Blog for Writers on the Move
- Attend more SCBWI meetings and events (http://www.scbwi.org/)
- Work on picture book
- Read the stack of books that has been sitting in my home office, some of which are on writing
- Have professional photo taken to use for author platform
What did you accomplish this year? What are your writing goals for next year? I hope you find inspiration in my 2012 and 2013 lists.
Debbie A. Byrne has a B.S. in Mass Communication with a minor in History. She is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) and is working on her first children’s book.