|"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy;|
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
- Ms revised, edited, released to the universe and ready to go
- Artwork complete by a talented and terrific illustrator
- Book blurb ready to adorn the back cover
- Website/blog up
- Marketing plan set
Here is an example of the people I'm most grateful to:
- I've mentioned the courses I've taken in hopes of helping writers who have read my book and dream of writing their own book one day to know where to look to learn how and receive support.
- Authors and editors such as Karen Cioffi, author extradinaire and owner of www.writersonthemove.com, and Carolyn Howard-Johnson, who writes for WOTM and never tires of helping writers, especially in her books, The Frugal Editor, The Frugal Book Promoter, and How to Get Great Book Reviews Frugally and Ethically; who have mentored me, offered their friendship, and are there for me when I need their help.
- My family, who have given me their support and encourage me through many years of trial and error.
- My readers who have read early drafts of my book and some who have shared it with their children and have offered invaluable advice.
- The professionals at my publisher for their expertise and unfailing support.
- My critique group who have offered advice and encouragement.
- And the illustrator of my book, whose enchanting illustrations have made the characters come alive.
Handshake image by Sam Garner, AU, courtesy of: https://thenounproject.com.
Caption courtesy of: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/
|Really? It takes drafts |
three feet+ tall to write a book?
Linda Wilson, a former elementary teacher and ICL graduate, has published over 100 articles for adults and children, and six short stories for children. Recently, she has completed her first book, a mystery/ghost story for children 7-11 years old, and is hard at work on Book Two in the series. Follow Linda at www.lindawilsonauthor.com.