You have extra obligations - social and end of the year wrap ups - along with likely some additional stress. Plus, if you work full time and have side projects, writing and otherwise, you'll find yourself extra over-extended.
Remember, you cannot function if you don't pace yourself.
With that in mind, here are 10 things you can do in December to stay healthy and happy
1. Write out your top 3 wins for the year. Look at it whenever you are feeling stressed, discouraged, or like you haven't accomplished enough lately. You have!
2. Go through your todo list for December. Eliminate or postpone any non-essential tasks. Then, in January, eliminate anything you postponed that doesn;t actually need to get done.
3. Take a nap. You know you want to.
4. Say "no" at least three times. You are responsible to yourself, first and foremost. If someone asks you to do something that will not propel you forward - and that you don't have the bandwidth to accomplish - it's okay to decline. And DO NOT explain yourself. It's not necessary.
5. Reward yourself. You deserve it.
6. Eat healthy. Be mindful that you will likely be more exposed to more treats than normal. Don't deprive yourself, but don't over indulge.
7. Workout at least twice a week. Okay, once. And it can be a brisk walk or a YouTube video exercise. Or just dance to music around your home. Re-read #6 of you need a reminder to stay active.
8. Read a book. You know, the one that's been sitting by your bed for the last three months. It's okay. You can read for a few minutes.
9. Accomplish one more thing. Go through your todo list - the ones that made the cut - and cross something off of it. You should probably get it done first, tho. It'll feel great. Trust me.
10. Think about your 2019 goals. You have lots to do. Start planning what you want your wins to be this time next year.
How do you survive December? Please share your recommendations in the comments.
* * *
The D*E*B Method: Goal Setting Simplified and Write On Online, a live and online writers’ support group. Like the Write On Online Facebook Page and join the Facebook Group. She is author of Write On Blogging: 51 Tips to Create, Write & Promote Your Blog and Purple Pencil Adventures: Writing Prompts for Kids of All Ages, and host of the #GoalChat Twitter Chat. Debra is an editor at Social Media Examiner and a speaker/moderator on the subjects of writing, networking, goal-setting, and social media.