Tuesday, October 1, 2013
4 Benefits of Creating Your Own eBook
But, on the flip side, if you’re thinking of doing B2B (business to business) work, businesses would prefer a booklet to hand out to prospects, clients, or employees.
While booklets have their place, today, I’m going to address ebooks because they're such an amazing product and they can be absolutely FREE to create!
What else can you create for free and SELL for whatever you think it’s worth? Okay, maybe not for ‘whatever you think it’s worth,’ you do have to consider the market when deciding on a price. But, as far as cost, the only cost is your time and some effort.
Simple steps to creating an ebook:
1. All you need to do is open a Word document and start typing away. Get all that expert knowledge you’ve accumulated over the year/s and create your content. Just be sure that your content will actually be of value to your readers and reliable.
Pretty easy so far, right?
2. Now that your content is set, you can add pictures. If you can believe it, this is also free or pretty close to it. Just use clip art or visit sites such as Freepixels.com, MorgueFile.com, or BigStock.com. Another easy way to do this is to take your own pictures. Download them onto your computer and then upload them into your ebook. You can use Microsoft Word to tweak the image or if you have a program such as Photoshop Elements or Logo Creator you can create all types of variations of one simple photo.
3. The next step is to design your own cover and/or interior images. It’s easier than you think.
4. That’s it! Now, it’s time to take your Word doc and cover and upload it to Kindle or other service.
5. You can also use a pdf creator and change your Word doc into a pdf file. Then you’ll have an ebook!
Easy Peasy. Done.
But, wait a minute, there’s more. What about the benefits of creating your own ebook?
5 Major Benefits of Creating Your Own eBook (added another major benefit)
Now that you have an ebook, what can you do with it? Well, just about anything!
1. Sell it.
You can sell it on your own website through Paypal or Google checkout, or use a shopping cart service; you can sell it through Kindle, Lulu, or Smashwords, or lots of other services.
2. Use it as an ethical bribe.
You can offer your ebook as a free gift to entice visitors to sign up for your newsletter.
3. Make it keep giving.
If you decide you’ll give it away as a free gift (ethical bribe) to subscribers as an incentive to opt in to your mailing list, and you should be doing this as part of your book marketing strategy, you can get even more ‘bang’ for your effort by making it ‘reprint allowable.’ This is a great way to increase your visibility, create backlinks, and bring traffic back to your site.
‘Reprint allowable’ simply means the recipient can pass it along to others, as a free gift, as long as he keeps it completely as is.
4. Create a combo package.
You can also offer it as a combo with other works you have for sale. And, you will be establishing and promoting your expertise and authority . . . you get the idea.
I recently did this with an affiliate product I promoted. To sweeten the pot (take it up a notch), I offered one of my own products as a bonus.
There you have it, four simple ebook strategies that can make you money, build your list, and generate visibility.
5. Build your authority,
If you're a business owner, small or home, nothing says authority like a relevant to your industry/niche book.
Think of it.
You have a potential client or customer who you want to impress - give him your book. Give her your book that's full of information about your industry and about your company. And,you can include what your business can do for the reader.
Gigantic Tip: Know what's even more impressive than an ebook? A physical book. Check out CreateSpace to get your ebook turned into an 'in your hand' book.
NEED HELP CREATING YOUR EBOOK?
I can help. Visit The Article Writing Doctor today!
MORE ON BOOK MARKETING
Do You Have a Social Media Posting Schedule?
An Absolute Must-Avoid for Your Landing PageHeadlines that Increase Website Traffic and Conversion Rates
LIKE THIS POST? PLEASE SHARE IT!
By W. Terry Whalin I've never met a book author who didn't want to sell more copies of their work. It doesn't matter if ...
You may be an author or writer who takes the time to comment on other websites. This is an effective online marketing strategy. It builds br...
by Valerie Allen When naming your characters it’s tempting to give your friends, family, or coworkers a chance for their 15 minutes o...
By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Awards Set Your Book Apart But Ya Gotta Enter Contests to Get ‘Em Excerpted from the new edition of The ...