You’ve written your book. Now what? How do you get the word out about it?
I’ll tell you what I do for my authors. This will give you an idea of what you can do for yourself, or hire a virtual assistant, like me.
· I build their Twitter followers every day. (software)
· I post to their twitter with automatic posts, keeping their book front and center. (software)
· I post on their blog.
· I get guest bloggers to post about “writing,” and post on their blog.
· I post their books on my blog.
· I post to their Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media that their book would align with.
· I also post to all my social media about their books.
· I post to a lot of book groups that are on Facebook.
· I have bought software to help me promote their books.
· I do an interview and post it on my blog.
· I have done book tours.
· Set up blog interviews.
· Set up radio interviews.
· I keep the word out about their books, every day.
· I’ll run a contest, and the winner will receive an autographed copy of their book.
So, you see, there are many ways to get the word out. There are other social media to consider too. For instance:
I’ll give more book social media in my next article. I hope this helps with getting the word out about your book(s). Don’t let your book sit without using the great online services that are there for you.
Linda Barnett-Johnson, is a Virtual Assistant for authors and enjoys writing poetry, short stories, and making up quotes. Many of her articles and poetry have been published. She’s a former editor, former assistant editor of Long Story Short ezine, former administrative director of Long Story Short School of Writing. You can locate her website here: www.lindabarnett-johnson.com She also posts new books, writing articles and author interviews on her blog: http://lindabarnett-johnson.blogspot.com/ Always looking for guest bloggers that would post writing tips, articles and anything to do with writing.