The holidays are a fun time to get in a little creative writing practice when you have a few spare moments.
Here are 10 new Christmas writing prompts to help you get started.
Choose one prompt to begin a new short story or combine several prompts to come up with an interesting tale.
1. It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
2. Donna and her husband had saved all year so they could pay cash for all their Christmas presents. But then the furnace conked out on December 1st, just as Donna was getting ready to start her Christmas shopping.
3. Janice hadn't heard from her brother in over seven years. But now he was coming home for Christmas.
4. Most people looked forward to Christmas every year, but not Harold.
5. "Christmas is going to be different for us this year," Mary announced to her family at breakfast one morning in early December.
6. "I can't believe you got fired two weeks before Christmas," Terri said to her husband. "What are we going to do?"
7. It had been a difficult year for the residents of the tiny town of West Falls, but now everyone was looking forward to the holidays and a much better new year.
8. "Let's go to the mall," said Mom. "Santa will be there today and you can tell him what you'd like for Christmas."
9. It was just your typical office Christmas party until...
10. Sandra knew just what to get her husband, Matt, for Christmas this year.
Happy writing and happy holidays!
And get your free subscription to The Morning Nudge at www.morningnudge.com for a short email every weekday morning with writing tips and resources.
Suzanne Lieurance is the author of over 35 published books and a writing coach.
Does this sound familiar? "Some day, I am going to write my memoir ..." "Oooh, next week, I am finally going to start that bl...
You may be an author or writer who takes the time to comment on other websites. This is an effective online marketing strategy. It builds br...
by Valerie Allen When naming your characters it’s tempting to give your friends, family, or coworkers a chance for their 15 minutes o...
Editing Skills for Do-It-Yourselfers or Those with Editors: Help Your Editor Avoid “Bad Breaks” As a freelance editor of fiction, memoir,...