When was the last time you did something creative just for fun?
If the answer doesn't come to you immediately, you are missing out.
There are many benefits to being creative. Among other things, it helps with critical thinking, relieves stress, and is just plain fun. Whenever you are having a particularly stressful day - or even if you are not - a creative endeavor will add much needed adrenaline, motivation, and spark. And just a few minutes can make a huge difference.
Here are ten creative things you can do today or any day.
1. Doodle or Sketch. You don't need to be artistic to make art.
2. Take Photos. Just about everyone has a camera on their mobile phone. Take a walk and take some pictures.
3. Write a Poem. April is #NationalPoetryMonth. Celebrate.
4. Turn on Music and Dance. Regular dance breaks also help with your physical health.
5. Write a Story. Just for Fun!
6. Garden. The bonus: flowers to beautify your home or something good to eat.
7. Cook. See what you can make with the ingredients in your fridge or pantry.
8. Bake. Yum. 'Nuff said.
9. Craft. Sew, scrapbook, knit. The options are endless.
10. Write a Letter. This is a fun exercise. Plus it will make someone's day.
For more on the power of creative pursuits, check out the recap from my #GoalChat on this topic.
How do you incorporate creativity into your work-life balance? Please share in the comments.
* * *
The D*E*B Method: Goal Setting Simplified and Write On Online, a live and online writers’ support group. Like the Write On Online Facebook Page and join the Facebook Group. She is author of Write On Blogging: 51 Tips to Create, Write & Promote Your Blog and Purple Pencil Adventures: Writing Prompts for Kids of All Ages, and host of the #GoalChat Twitter Chat. Debra is an editor at Social Media Examiner and a speaker/moderator on the subjects of writing, networking, goal-setting, and social media.