Summer is winding down in Chicago. Schools are beginning to welcome back their students. Street festivals and concerts in the park are dwindling. I’m gearing up for the numerous activities that kick into my life in the fall, but wait…what happened to summer vacation? What happen to rest, relaxation and a little fun? Somehow, I let life get in the way. Fortunately, it’s never too late for a little self-pampering. While I’m at it, I’m going to nurture the writer in me.
Here’s what I’m putting on my list…
· A day at the beach with a chair, sunscreen and a trashy novel
· An evening talking with an old friend
· A Sunday afternoon with a good book
· An hour with a notebook to write nothing in particular and see what happens
· Good coffee and chocolate
· A picnic in the park with a jazz concert
· A visit with the Jellies at the aquarium
· Hmmm…I think I could go on and on.
I may have rushed through summer, but it’s never too late to rest, recharge and become inspired. What about you? Do you have some end of the season pampering for the writer in you?
Mary Jo Guglielmo is writer and intuitive life coach who helps clients live their true north. For more information check out www.donorth.biz or folllow her at: