|"I never give in. I never give up. And I never take no for an answer."|
Doris Roberts, Actress
1925-April 17, 2016
- Weight Loss Challenger: I'm trying to lose weight.
- You: Good for you.
- Challenger: My goal is 15 lbs. but I don't know if I'll ever get there. I've tried every kind of diet and nothing works for me.
- Write for your school newspaper beginning as early as possible; then become editor.
- Establish a place to write and a schedule so that you write regularly every day, if possible.
- Keep a journal. Come up with subjects that are important to you and think of ways you can write about them.
- Take courses, read "how-to" books, join writing organizations and attend workshops and conferences. Share your writing with other writers.
- Explore publication outlets online, at the library, with writing organizations you belong to. Find a publication(s) that would welcome what you have to say.
- Learn photography, a handy skill to accompany your writing.
- Learn how to speak in front of others.
- Network, see what other writers are doing and learn from them. We are a sharing group .We have been known to go to great lengths to help and promote our fellow writers.
Photo: Courtesy of en.wikipedia.org
Linda Wilson, a former elementary teacher and ICL graduate, has published over 100 articles for adults and children, and six short stories for children. She worked as a weight-loss counselor for several years and understands firsthand the challenges facing anyone wanting to lose weight. Recently, she completed Joyce Sweeney's online fiction courses, picture book course and mystery and suspense course. She is currently working on several projects for children. Follow Linda on Facebook