Email Marketing - 10 Top Reasons to BE Doin' It
While marketing strategies can come and go, there are still those that are top contenders and email marketing is one of them. And, it's an important strategy in book marketing.
So, what makes email marketing so important - why exactly should you be doin' it?
Here is a list of 10 top reasons:
1. Email lists are personal and build relationships. They help you develop a relationship with your subscribers. No other marketing strategy offers this ‘personal touch’ element.
2. Emails drive targeted traffic to your website. This means the people clicking on your email links (CTAs) are already interested in what you offer.
3. It’s one of the most cost-effective strategies there is (in other words, it’s cheap and has a great ROI).
4. It’s is easy and quick. Services, like GetResponse make it super-easy to create lists (campaigns), create the coded optins, and allows you to send out emails immediately.
5. It allows for automation. This means you can schedule emails to go out at specific days and times and segment (divide) your list.
6. It’s versatile and customizable. You can create a variety of campaigns, segway into other campaigns, use for weekly workshops, and so much more.
7. It generates results. Email marketing is one of the only strategies that encourages subscribers to become customers or to take other actions.
8. Allows you to measure results. Email marketing services have analytical tools in place that give you much need information, such as how many subscribers open your emails and how many click on the links in your emails.
9. Beats social media’s conversion rates. Conversion is the process of a person taking a desired action, such as clicking on your link or optin.
In a study by McKinsey and Company, it shows that email exceeds social media’s conversion rate by 40X. (1)
Forty times. That’s huge!
10. According to Convince and Convert.com, “People who buy products through email spend 138% more than people who don’t receive email offers.” Along with this, “44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.” (2)
You may feel it’s all just too much. You already blog as part of your marketing strategy, isn’t that enough? Well, it’s really not.
Keep in mind that if you use social media to share your posts, you’re only reaching a minute percentage of your followers. And, less than 1% of your website visitors will buy from a random blog post they clicked onto.
As number 7 above says, email marketing produces results. And, your efforts can be as simple as linking to your most recent blog post from within your newsletter or email. Be sure to use it as part of your book marketing strategy.
If you want to be shown, step-by-step, how to email market right to produce results, then you’ll definitely want to check out my new Email Marketing Right Video Workshop.
It's only $20! Every writer, author, and home business should take advantage of this value-packed workshop.
Karen Cioffi is an award-winning author, ghostwriter, and author/writer online platform instructor. Get must-know writing and marketing tips at http://thewritingworld.com.
And, check out Karen’s e-classes through WOW! Women on Writing:
MORE ON WRITING AND MARKETING
Are You Living the Writer’s Life?
Writing Skills - Spread Your Wings
3 Marketing Strategies Geared to Motivate People to Buy