Saturday, March 3, 2018
What You Need to Start a Business Online
I was thinking how I got started in my professional career as a Virtual Assistant and decided this might be a good article for those thinking about starting up their own business.
So, here are 10 tips to help you get started:
1. You need a place where you are happy and can concentrate without interruptions. Someplace with lots of light and connections for your computer and printer.
2. Desk: It can be a simple lap desk to a fancy height-adjustable desk. Whatever makes you content. Don’t forget that comfortable chair. You might be in it for hours at a time.
3. Computers: I like a laptop that you can take anywhere you want or need. If the weather is nice you might want to set up a place outside where birds are singing.
4. Put some peaceful pictures all around you. It might be of your husband and kids to pictures of nature. Maybe you like certain collectibles. Whatever it is, make sure it makes you smile.
5. I’ve heard that green plants are important for your health. So, try to arrange a few around you: Spider plants, Indoor Pothos (indoor air purifier), Lady Palm and Bamboo Palm are all air purifiers.
6. What business are you interested in doing? Selling, marketing, promotions, graphic designing, etc.
7. What’s your Name going to be? Think hard about this because you’ll want it to reflect what you do. For instance: Selling. If you are going to sell online, you need a catchy name. If you were selling ocean products - Sea Sell
8. Don’t forget you’ll need that most important Website. There are many to choose from. Here are a few: Wordpress, Homestead, GoDaddy, Weebly and many more. Just Google it.
9. Rates: What are you going to charge? Are you going to charge hourly, monthly, or by the project? Maybe a combination of all three. Figure out the best potential for your business ability.
10. How are you going to collect the money? I like PayPal.
I hope this has given you plenty to think about.
If you are an author, then writing is your business. Whatever you decide, make sure it’s something you’re going to enjoy doing every day.
Linda Barnett-Johnson, is a Virtual Assistant for authors and enjoys writing poetry, short stories, articles about writing and making up quotes. Many of her articles and poetry have been published. She’s a former editor, former assistant editor of Long Story Short ezine, former administrative director of Long Story Short School of Writing. You can locate her website here: www.lindabarnett-johnson.com She also posts new books, writing articles and author interviews on her blog: http://lindabarnett-johnson.blogspot.com/ Always looking for guest bloggers that would post writing tips, articles and anything to do with writing.
Are you struggling with a writing project that seems overwhelming? All writers go through this at one time or another. Usually it means ...
You may be an author or writer who takes the time to comment on other websites. This is an effective online marketing strategy. It builds br...
by Valerie Allen When naming your characters it’s tempting to give your friends, family, or coworkers a chance for their 15 minutes o...
I sometimes run Q and A a la Ann Landers columns in my SharingwithWriters newsletter using questions that my clients ask me or that subsc...