It’s time for my annual gift list for writers. If you haven’t finished your holiday shopping consider one of the gifts below.
- An online writer’s workshop from Writer’s Digest -- Writer’s digest offers affordable online writing workshops. These workshops are taught by experts in the field and cover a wide range of topics (e.g. memoir writing, blogging, query letters).
- Books – A perfect gift for any writer.
- A subscription to writer’s magazine -- I have a digital subscription to Poets and Writers for only$2.50 per issue.
- 365 Affirmations for the Writer by Jane Hertenstein – A kindle book chocked full of inspiration for any writer.
- The 2015 Writer’s Market – If you know a writer getting ready to submit their work, the Writer's Market is an invaluable tool. This compilation of information about publishers is a perennial on my annual gift list.
- A Journal – Even if the writer you know generally works on a computer, give them a journal and they are sure to write in it. Check out Cafepress.com for a wide selection of journals.
- Scrivener - A great application for managing complex writing projects or keeping track of the research for that next project.
Picture Book: Before You Came by Patricia MacLachlan Charest
Middle Grade: Bird by Crystal Chan
YA: Pig Park by Claudia Guadalupe Martinez
Cross over: Where’d You Go, Bernadatte,by Maria Semple
Non-Fiction: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Do you have any favorite gifts for writers? What books are you giving this holiday season?
Mary Jo Guglielmo is writer and intuitive life coach. For more information check out: