A monthly e-Newsletter is an emailed publication containing news of interest for your community and is another way to deliver useful content to your readers. A Newsletter can be referred to as a Digest to recap significant posts at month-end.
The advantages of sending a Newsletter by email include:
• Publish on a regular schedule,
• Readers expect its arrival vs a SPAM hit,
• Use your brand as the header and title,
• Showcase a main article,
• Highlight important posts from the current month and those archived via links,
• Notifications for future events, workshops, and conferences,
• Tips of interest you want to promote,
• Images to support your message.
The disadvantages include:
• Commitment to publish on a regular basis,
• The format can be time consuming to prepare, simplify it by using a vertical layout without sidebars,
• Readers may stash it away to “read later” when more convenient.
Before you send out your first edition, be sure you are able to commit to a regular monthly schedule. Include a tool for automatic delivery registration.
Blogging is an important part of book marketing. A Blog Newsletter is an excellent way to promote your work and the work of others you recommend.
Always use; tags for each post, your motto, and illustrations to engage your readership. Many sites such as Pinterest are photograph driven.
I appreciate your feedback. Please add it to the comment section below. Thank you much! deborah
Deborah Lyn Stanley is a writer, editor and artist. She is a retired project manager who now devotes her time to writing, art and caregiving mentally impaired seniors.
She has independently published a collection of 24 artists’ interviews entitled the Artists Interview Series. The series was also published as articles for an online news network and on her website: Deborah Lyn Stanley - Writers Blog. Deborah is published in magazines. She is a blogger who has managed several group sites including ones she founded.
“Write your best, in your voice, your way!”