Are you still trying to finish your Holiday shopping? Books are the perfect present for young and old and can easily be purchased without the hassle of the crowds. Here is a list of books I’m giving this year, as well as, two that were on my wish list.
For the Writer:
- Freeze Frame: How To Write Flash Memoir [Kindle Edition] by Jane Hertenstein -- This is a must read for anyone interested in writing memoirs or flash fiction. Great exercises and resources are included.
- The Frugal Book Promoter by Carolyn Howard-Johnson --This is the perfect gift for someone out there marketing their book or still writing it!
- Writing It Right! by Sandy Asher -- This book is a must for any writer in the middle of the revision process.
For the Adult Reader:
- Sublime Planet [Kindle Edition] by Magdalena Ball, Carolyn Howard-Johnson -- This is a beautiful book from their poetry celebration series. A great read for for any nature lover or occupant of Mother Earth.
For the Tweens:
- The Smell of Old Lady Perfume by Claudia Guadalupe Martinez --- Combing the struggles of coming of age, with loss and cultural assimilation the author provides a engaging story that will connect with all readers. Martinez’s lyrical writing makes this story a great read for tweens and their families.
For the Younger Child:
- A Troop is a Group of Monkeys by Julie Foster Hedlund. This book app is fun and educational. Children will learn the collective nouns for a group of animals, and if you are like me….you will learn the names of a few groups too!
- Seeds of Change, Planting a Path to Peace by Jen Cullerton Johnson -- Through her poetic text Johnson weaves the story of Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai. The batik style illustrations combined with Johnson’s powerful story make this a wonderful gift for any child.
I love giving books…getting books…and sharing some of my favorites. What some of your favorite books to give?
Mary Jo Guglielmo is writer and intuitive life life coach. For more information check out www.donorth.biz or folllow her at: