Tuesday, May 16, 2017
How to Avoid Overwhelm This Week
There are so many things you need to do each day to get a little writing done AND promote your writing career or your writing business.
So here's a tip.
To avoid "overwhelm" each day choose just one thing you can do that will move your writing and/or your career forward.
Don't know what that one thing might be?
Here is a list of 12 possible actions to choose from:
1. Write a blog post.
2. Make a helpful comment on someone else's blog (that has the same target audience as your blog does).
If you do this consistently, over time you'll increase your list of followers.
3. Write another chapter of your novel or other work-in-progress.
If you don't have time to write an entire chapter in a day, just write part of a chapter.
4. Send out a query to a magazine or other publication - be sure to follow their writer's guidelines, of course.
5. Write a guest post for another blog (you'll find other blogs wanting guest posts at bloggerlinkup.com).
6. Find a new affiliate program to join (one that has products and services that will appeal to your target market, of course).
If you haven't joined any affiliate programs yet, start with amazon.com or clickbank.com.
7. Respond to one online job ad for writers each day.
8. If you don't have one yet, set up an opt-in form on your blog so you can start building a mailing list of potential clients and/or customers.
9. Make a video to post on your blog.
10. Start a new podcast that will appeal to your target audience.
11. Look for interview opportunities both online and offline.
12. Find someone to write a guest post for your blog (you'll find other bloggers wanting to write guest posts at bloggerlinkup.com).
Each of these actions can help move you closer to your goals.
And if you choose just one action each day, you won't get overwhelmed as you start taking consistent action.
For more tips, resources, and other helpful information about writing and the business of writing from Suzanne, get your free subscription to The Morning Nudge at www.morningnudge.com.
We all will need to handle feedback at one time or another in our careers. For the writer, this feedback is usually the critique of either...
You may be an author or writer who takes the time to comment on other websites. This is an effective online marketing strategy. It builds br...
By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Awards Set Your Book Apart But Ya Gotta Enter Contests to Get ‘Em Excerpted from the new edition of The ...
I sometimes run Q and A a la Ann Landers columns in my SharingwithWriters newsletter using questions that my clients ask me or that subsc...