Saturday, April 14, 2018
So You Want to Write a Book - Now What?
If you're like most freelance writers, small business owners, and other solopreneurs, you want to write a book because you know that having your own published book will boost your business.
Yet, for many reasons, writing a book seems like an impossible task.
Well, it doesn't have to be.
Writing a book is like anything else.
You just need to learn all the parts to the process and then get started.
And you can learn the process and actually write your book in much less time than you probably realize.
Yet, there is more to it than simply sitting down and writing your book.
You'll also need to:
1. Learn how to write a book that people will want to buy—not simply write a book you wish to sell.
2. Take steps to generate interest in your book even before it is published.
3. Learn a variety of ways to use your book to provide additional streams of income.
4. Quickly determine a focus for your book.
5. Learn to create a simple structure for your book so it's much easier to write (and to read).
6. Learn ways to avoid getting "stuck" in the middle of writing your book so you actually finish writing it within a relatively short period of time (this is where so many people have trouble).
7. Learn how to determine if self-publishing or traditional publishing is the best route to take with your book.
8. Learn how to determine the specific market(s) for your book.
9. Learn how to market your book to an agent or publisher even before you write it.
And much more.
Each step needs to be taken at just the right time, in just the right manner, if you're going to successfully write and sell your book.
So - if you're thinking of writing a book to boost your business, take the time to learn all the steps you need to know before you get started.
Register for her 4-part free e-course, How to Write, Publish, and Launch Your Best Selling Book now at Writebythesea.com.
We all will need to handle feedback at one time or another in our careers. For the writer, this feedback is usually the critique of either...
You may be an author or writer who takes the time to comment on other websites. This is an effective online marketing strategy. It builds br...
By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Awards Set Your Book Apart But Ya Gotta Enter Contests to Get ‘Em Excerpted from the new edition of The ...
I sometimes run Q and A a la Ann Landers columns in my SharingwithWriters newsletter using questions that my clients ask me or that subsc...