Monday, March 25, 2019
Tips for Journal Writing
• Write for yourself. Write daily, even just a little.
• A digital or handwritten journal is great for recording your thoughts, experiences and observations.
• Journaling helps develop your writer’s voice, write more conversationally, and practice.
• Continue from where you are right now. Capture the myriad of thoughts by free writing, working a book outline, or resolving what your character does next.
• Explore new ideas for promoting your business, your website or your blog.
• Consider writing a series of posts to connect with your readers.
• Break down goal expectations and schedule milestones in doable pieces, baby steps too.
• I recommend, “The Story Within” by Laura Oliver. Chapter 9 titled “Journal to Freedom”. I find her book and particularly this chapter meaningful in my quest to enlarge my journaling experience and writing practice.
• You might find idea sparks at Creative Writing Now: https://www.creative-writing-now.com/what-is-a-journal.html
Steinbeck was a champion of journaling. https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/03/02/john-steinbeck-working-days/
Working Days: The Journals of The Grapes of Wrath Paperback – December 1, 1990
“John Steinbeck wrote The Grapes of Wrath during an astonishing burst of activity between June and October of 1938. Throughout the time he was creating his greatest work, Steinbeck faithfully kept a journal revealing his arduous journey toward its completion."
How do you use journal writing and what tip would you add to the list?
Visit her web-blog: Deborah Lyn Stanley : MyWriter's Life
By Terry Whalin @terrywhalin From time to time, I’ve had author envy. I look at someone’s twitter following with thousands of peo...
You may be an author or writer who takes the time to comment on other websites. This is an effective online marketing strategy. It builds br...
by Valerie Allen When naming your characters it’s tempting to give your friends, family, or coworkers a chance for their 15 minutes o...
By Carolyn Howard-Johnson Awards Set Your Book Apart But Ya Gotta Enter Contests to Get ‘Em Excerpted from the new edition of The ...